Tales of personal encounters, sometimes humorous, sometimes serious, sometimes grumpy, sometimes informative, but always true and sincere...

Friday, October 16, 2009

Trying to lose weight

The most important thing on my mind now is trying to lose weight - fast. Well, besides wanting to look good at a friend's wedding (and fitting nicely into the evening dress) at the end of the month, I am seriously scared of having to replace all my clothes that I normally wear to work. Already 2 pairs of G2000 pants and a pair of Lawman jeans are impossible for me to squeeze in. My skirts are still wearable but that wont be convenient if I work with young children. I seriously do not wish that the rest of my bottoms need replacement soon!

For the past week, I have been faithfully following the most basic rule of losing weight - do not eat more calories than I burn. As such, I have been trying to stop snacking. In the afternoon I only have either an apple or a fruit juice for a snack (so hungry!) I am trying to avoid sweet things and stuffs with high carbohydrates too. And I am beginning to wake up earlier to do some exercises like jogging or pilates.

Haiz. After trying for a week, there is still no signs of weight lost. *depressed* My stomach is still so bloated after meals and even my T-shirts seem to get tighter. :(

I think I really have to put in more effort in burning more calories per day. My target is to lose 2kg in the next 10 days. That's about 200 grams per day. Possible?

No comments: