Tales of personal encounters, sometimes humorous, sometimes serious, sometimes grumpy, sometimes informative, but always true and sincere...

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Bargain books at HMV


Ha! Bought these 2 bestsellers at HMV last Sat at the City Link Mall branch. Yes, HMV actually sells books! And at a very cheap price too - 1 for $12.95, 2 for $20! Can you believe it?
Glad that I finally bought "The Time Traveler's Wife". Had wanted to read this book way back in 2006, now that even the movie is out shows how long I have been delaying the read. :)
Too bad HMV didnt have a copy of Jodi Picoult's "My Sister's Keeper". Had wanted to read this book back in 2006 too and till now didnt get to borrow this book from NLB. HMV had "Nineteen Minutes" though but its story of a court case involving violence didnt really interest me.

Dale Carnegie's series are worth collecting too, I have read his "How to enjoy your life and job" (mentioned in my blog last year in Aug) and find it really insightful and awesome. :)
Oh yes, I saw 2 of Mitch Albom's books on sale too - "The five people you meet in heaven" and "Tuesdays with Morrie". Too bad I have already read them, or I would have bought them too.
I must say the selection at HMV is not wide, but you may just find something that you like, and at unbelievable prices too. :)

No comments: