Tales of personal encounters, sometimes humorous, sometimes serious, sometimes grumpy, sometimes informative, but always true and sincere...

Monday, October 5, 2009

I knew it

I knew it. I just knew that sooner or later, I would cut my hand when slicing the lotus roots.

I HATE SLICING THE LOTUS ROOTS. The roots are hard, of irregular shape, and when the chopper slices through, it cuts through the holes inside and the slice of root breaks. When this happens, the chopper may just slip, and slash through the skin on my finger. Wow, that's a lot of blood lost, considering a sharp chopper has been used. The good thing is, the "slice" of skin is still dangling on the finger (and not on the chopping board).

You know what, I have this sense of failure all the time when I am slicing the lotus roots. It is simply impossible for me to cut completely round slices all the time. Wonder if it is due to the knife or my strength applied?

Anyway, I conclude I HATE SLICING THE LOTUS ROOTS. It is either I break the lotus slices or I cut my finger. It is so difficult to choose between perfection and safety.

2 comments:

Ani said...

Oh dear... take care... I dunno how to cut lotus roots, but I suppose cutting it into thicker discs might help?

Minuet Pearl said...

That's not correct, cutting them into thinner slices is much easier to get complete slices, as thinner slices will not break off so easily. :) But thinner slices will be less crunchy loh.