Tales of personal encounters, sometimes humorous, sometimes serious, sometimes grumpy, sometimes informative, but always true and sincere...

Friday, November 2, 2007

Serenity at Raffles Place






I found a new place to have lunch when I am alone :) It is an area along Boat Quay, opposite Fullerton Hotel/ May Bank building, in front of the Asian Civilisation Museum. There are quite a number of small stone benches here and I was sitting at the very bench in the picture, with Fullerton Hotel across the Singapore River. It is really peaceful and quiet here! Such a miracle to find such serenity at the crowded and hectic Raffles Place!

And isn't it lucky of me to find a Lunchtime concert going on at the Museum at 1pm today! (Presented by Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music - every Friday from 12 Oct - 16 Nov - free admission)

Wow! So many people were already there at 1pm! All the seats were occupied and I could only stand at the back. Strangely, most of the audience were either ang-mohs or little children who came with their parents or teachers. Perhaps they were students from music schools. Don't think there were many office workers like me. The performance today were by 4 players on 3 violins and 1 cello. Didnt really take note of the pieces they were playing, they all sounded unfamiliar to me, hahaha. But I could see their harmony and rapport, even without a conductor!

But haiz! Time passed so quickly, I could only stayed for 20 min before I walked back to my office... Wonder what time did their performance end?

2 comments:

Ani said...

Hey hey, I want to go there someday as well! Can you bring me?

Minuet Pearl said...

hahaha, are u referring to the place I have lunch or where I saw the concert? ;)