Tales of personal encounters, sometimes humorous, sometimes serious, sometimes grumpy, sometimes informative, but always true and sincere...

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Poor Normal!

Sob sob! I found Normal motionless on the floor outside the pond yesterday morning! It had leaped out of the pond while I was still in bed!

I thought it had died but I could see very faint breathing at its gills. I quickly placed it back in the pond but it remained motionless, its body half-floating half slanting in the water. 红眼睛 and 红鳍子 seemed to be aware of what happened and swam beside Normal and remained by its side. What a worrying sight!! To my surprise, Normal's breathing got stronger and stronger and finally, after a few minutes, it managed to flip back to vertical position and swam a few cm away! It was alive once again!

But Normal appeared so weak. The scales on one side of its body seemed rather ruffled. It must be injured when it landed on the floor.. Its body seemed so unbalanced when it swam and it kept hiding in a corner for the whole day...

Have a good rest, Normal. Hope you get well soon. And please please, don't be so adventurous again. It may cost your life.

No comments: