Tales of personal encounters, sometimes humorous, sometimes serious, sometimes grumpy, sometimes informative, but always true and sincere...

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Dream on wedding


Last night I had a vivid dream of my wedding day.

The dream started off from the banquet venue and I was having the march-in rehearsal with my husband, wearing the white gown with the long tail. I was not wearing any shoes and had to tip-toe as I walked in order to match my husband’s height. He started off walking faster than the tempo of the music (not on beat) and I pulled him back so that he would slow down. I had been worried that I might step on my gown at the front and or even trip but my march-in seemed to be a breeze, even at the point where we walked up the stage.

I saw my jie-meis hopping in, one after another, after the rehearsal. All of them were wearing pretty white dresses with similar designs and materials. Their make-up looked professional even though they had done it themselves. All of them looked very sweet and happy. They were chattering among themselves, didn’t really speak to me.

Not sure why, but the next scene was outdoors. I was trying to look for my wedding shoes (remember I didn’t wear any during the march-in rehearsal?) I was opening up boxes and boxes of shoes but couldn’t find the pair that I was looking for. And goodness knows where all the other shoes come from in the first place! I heard my jie-meis shouting the countdown to the start of something (not sure what) “10! 9! 8! 7!.....” but I still couldn’t find my shoes! I hurriedly went over to them but they had already locked themselves in a little room to discuss how much ang pow they were going to demand from my husband. I banged on the door and shouted that I couldn’t find my shoes and asked them to help me but they ignored me totally. At the same time I also realized that I had forgotten to have a discussion with them beforehand on the details of the gatecrash and the amount they would accept.

It was already past 8pm and the banquet was supposed to start. All guests were already seated. And I was running about bare-footed in their presence trying to look for my shoes! I began to try on some of the shoes in the boxes and they didn’t seem to fit. I was still trying to recall where I had placed my wedding shoes. In the end, I remembered. They were at home.

The lessons learnt from this dream:

-I must remember to bring all the necessities to the banquet venue, eg. my gowns, matching accessories, SHOES, ang pow box, toiletries for bathing, etc. If I forget any one of them, that’s it.

-I must not forget to have a discussion with my jie-meis on the details of the gatecrash.
Gosh! Hope everything turns out well on that day!

No comments: