Tales of personal encounters, sometimes humorous, sometimes serious, sometimes grumpy, sometimes informative, but always true and sincere...

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Caring family and friends

I had been leaving office after 9pm for the past few days and for 2 days consecutively, I left my office at 10.30pm. As my hp was in my bag, I was not aware that my home had called me. It was always my father. There was one voicemail that he left asking me where I was and what time I was going home. When I finally reached home, I saw my father or mother heating up the soup for me and the rice cooker would still be in "keep warm" mode. :)

For the 2 consecutive days when I reached home at 11pm plus, my parents had already gone to bed. My little sis would also turn on the fire over the stove to heat up the soup. I didnt get to see my parents for that 2 days. When I saw my mother this morning before I went to work, the first thing she said was "每天做到这么迟啊?" and she asked me if I had taken any food at dinner time. :)

Ani sms-ed me at around 10pm last night informing about a piano class. I replied her at 10.30pm telling her that I had just left office and had not had dinner. She replied at 12am "Oh dear. Sleep my dear friend, you are working so hard." :)

During the emails exchange between me, Ani and Doreamin, Doreamin wrote something that gave me strength to move on: 深呼吸,放轻松,天无绝人之路! :)

Today I could finally leave office at 7pm! And I happily sms-ed my little sis, Ani and a friend who had lunch with me today. They were all happy for me. My friend replied "Great, have an early rest and weekends coming! Hurray!" Ani replied "Yeah! Rest well! Eat well!" When I reached my doorstep, my little sis opened the door, popped her head out and shouted "Yay! 恭喜你!恭喜你!恭喜你!Congratulations!" :)

My mother told me she had got me a sandwich to bring to work this morning but when she came home, I had already left the house. Although I didnt get to eat the sandwich, I was touched by her gesture :)

I must say I really had it bad at work these few days. Many things had not gone smoothly. My luck was extremely bad. My daily prayers didnt help. But at the end of it, I realised how caring my family and friends are. :)) I must always remember that no matter what happens, I still have them. :))

1 comment:

Ani said...

:D Glad that our little smses and emails did succeed in cheering you on!