Tales of personal encounters, sometimes humorous, sometimes serious, sometimes grumpy, sometimes informative, but always true and sincere...

Friday, August 7, 2009

My first sewing project


Do you own a tissue pouch? Do you use it?

Ha, I always wanted to have one, but somehow I didnt buy any. Never had I dreamt that my first tissue pouch would be machine-sewn by myself! :D

Well, it took me almost 2 hours to complete the first one, from measuring and cutting the fabric, ironing the fabric at various stages to create the necessary creases for easy sewing, to unpicking ugly stitches and re-sewing.... hmm... it was not as simple as I thought!

Then I decided it would be more efficient to work on more fabrics at the same time, and along the way, time-saving ideas struck me as well. The subsequent tissue pouches really took much lesser time to complete, about half an hour each on average? I must admit that my machine stitches were not fantastic, but I believe my skills will get better as I have more practice.

What a good buy of my Brother sewing machine at $125! :D

My next project? Hmm... can't decide! Too many ideas!

No comments: